۱۳۹۳ اسفند ۱۷, یکشنبه

Published: 1 Mar 2015

Published: 
 1 Mar 2015
States of combat and human rights violations have a distinctive impact on women. It is important that we hear their voices. In honor of International Women’s Day we asked Palestinian women to interview other Palestinian women about their hopes, dreams and sources of inspiration.
B’Tselem volunteers speak
What do you wish for the women dear to you?
B’Tselem volunteers speak
Tell us about a woman you admire
B’Tselem volunteers speak
What is you dream?
We bring you the voices of women through a selection of some particularly moving accounts we’ve posted over the past year.
"Once again we have no shelter. It’s winter and our property is exposed to the elements. We don't know what to do. But despite it all, this morning I lit the fire, kneaded dough and baked bread and cooked for my children. See, now I'm making cheese, with the wind and the dust. It's not easy."
Mushakhis Bani Maniya, 40, 'Ein Karzaliyah, the Jordan Valley
+ Read more
"Everyone at my wedding was happy but me. I never imagined that my brothers, sisters, relatives and friends wouldn't be with me on my wedding day."
Asmaa Zaghlul, 30, Nablus, the West Bank
+ Read more
"We decided to leave home because it was too dangerous. My head feels like it's exploding with stress and worry. I can't stop worrying about what will happen to my children. We're 40 people crowded in one classroom. If the military bombs the school, we'll all die. Entire families will be erased."
Faiza a-Luah, 50, Beit Lahiya, the Gaza Strip
+ Read more
"Every explosion makes the whole building shake. The children are afraid to sleep in their rooms and insist on staying in the living room with me all night."
Ety Levy, 30, Ashkelon, southern Israel
+ Read more
"Sometimes, I worry that Israel won’t ever allow me to visit my parents in Gaza. I just want to spend one day with my mother, on Mothers’ Day. I want to kiss her hand and hug her."
‘Abir Sharaf, 48, Nablus, the West Bank
+ Read more
"In 2012 we built a house. We were thrilled to have our own home. It was bombed, and the Israeli forces uprooted the olive and lemon trees that were our source of income. Now we live at the school, in rough conditions."
Shuruq Abu Tu’eymah, 48, Khan Yunis, the Gaza Strip
+ Read more
"There are more than 200 people in the school, mostly women and children, and only God is with us."
Nabilah Abu Halima, 43, Beit Lahiya, the Gaza Strip
+ Read more

هیچ نظری موجود نیست: